Facebook Badge

Friday, June 29, 2012

Today's 'AYITN': BE HAPPY!




June 30

BE HAPPY!


Happy are the people who are in such a state; happy are the people whose God is the Lord. 
 (Psalm 144:15)


1.Today I will live in the now!  I will live in the now because I have a right to be happy and I have been given the power to create happiness!  I will not waste the opportunities presented in this day with continual references to tragedies from the past.  I will not miss the beauty of living in the moment by bemoaning all the hard times in the present.  And I will not let myself become dangerously distracted from prophetically planning my future by predicting calamities ahead!

2.Today I will rejoice that my sins are forgiven, that God knows me and cares about what happens to me today, and that things are getting better for me as I go from glory to glory.  I will make the choice to be unaffected by negative forces or bad news.

3.Today I will laugh at my mistakes and problems, not letting them dominate my mind or make me feel inadequate or overwhelmed.  I will not take things too seriously today, choosing Jesus’ easy burden and light yoke for my life instead of the pressure, stress and oppression that comes from being too hard on myself or too anxious about my current state of affairs.


4.Today I will celebrate the goodness of the Lord, counting my blessings and remembering to be thankful for them all.  I will not forget His benefits...how He forgives all of my iniquities and heals all of my diseases.


5.Today I will sing a song of victory even before the battle is over.  The joy of the Lord will strengthen me to defeat every foe, give me supernatural energy, and cause me to get stronger with every fight!


6.Today I will enjoy the company of happy people, and if I can’t find any, I will try to make some unhappy people feel better about their situations.  And if I can’t make anybody else happy, I will enjoy being happy alone, because I have that much to be happy about!


7.Today I will make it a point to smile...to laugh...to think positive thoughts...to praise the Lord...to cheer up someone...to pray for the happiness of others...to avoid things that depress me...to avoid music or images that darken my mood...to speak words of edification to those that I care for...to be a blessing...to sing...to worship God in spirit and in truth...to do something positive for the Kingdom.  Today will be a day of happiness for me, regardless of the circumstances, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me do things that make You happy today.  In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment