No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
(2 Timothy 2:4)
1. Today I will LIVE IN THE NOW! I will live in the now because I will KEEP THE FAITH, no matter what I see or hear or feel; today I make a quality decision to be moved solely by what I believe! My walk of faith will liberate me from the trappings of the transitory world and will unite me with the unseen realm.
2. Today I will KEEP IT REAL. I will not waste my time on pretense and the silly immaturity of playing mind games with those with whom I interact today. I officially declare my independence from worrying about what people think about me, strip away all masks, and settle in to the freedom of just being me.
3. Today I will KEEP IT SIMPLE. Even though I am prosperous, I will not be ensnared by the deceitfulness of riches or the serving of mammon, but will “consider the lilies of the field” and be content with what I have. “And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content” (1 Timothy 6:8).
4. Today I will KEEP HOPE ALIVE. Regardless of the pressure around me to be discouraged, I will not allow myself to become fatigued to the point of failing to accomplish my goals. I will remember that anything is possible today and that the atmosphere is full of miracles that are trying to find their way into my life!
5. Today I will KEEP GOING FORWARD. I can’t look back and I can’t go back, so I will free myself of the illusion that I can change my history. Here I am today, with no regrets, energized by His resurrection power to endure the cross for the joy that is set before me.
6. Today I will KEEP THE PEACE. I will let go of stress, worry and anything mentally, emotionally or spiritually that causes me to become anxious and unsettled. I choose the peace that passes understanding for my life today, fully assured that He is working all things together for my good as I cast all my care upon Him.
7. Today I will KEEP LOOKING UP, because I know that my help comes from the Lord. As Peter walked on the water by fixing His gaze upon Jesus, I will walk on the circumstances of my life today, looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith. I will free myself from the limitations of looking at the natural today, and today I will live in the now!
Father, help me to effectively use the power that You have given me to free myself today.
In Jesus’ name, amen.