Facebook Badge

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Today's AYITN: GOD’S FRIEND!

 
Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don’t be afraid of missing out.  You’re my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.
(Luke 12:31, 32
The Message)

1. Today I will live in the now!  I will live in the now because my ministry to God is more important to me than my ministry to anyone else.  As Christ is being formed in me, I am discovering a whole universe of revelation within myself that I didn’t even know existed before now, and all of it is drawing me into a deeper, more mature relationship with my Creator.

2. Today I will enjoy intimate and spontaneous communication with my “Abba" revealed to me through my elder brother, Jesus, by the fellowship of the Helper Who stands by to aid and assist me, and who never testifies of Himself but always promotes Christ and lifts Him up.

3. Today I will pray to learn the secrets of Abraham, who was called the friend of God in his earth-walk.  I will follow his example of unwavering faith for, without faith, it is impossible to please God.

4. Today I will walk with Him in the cool of the day as Adam did, innocently naked before Him, with no presence of fear or sense of shameful unrighteousness.  I have no need to sew together fig leaves of religion, for I have nothing to hide from the One who chose me in Him before the foundation of the world!

5. Today I will not engage in the friendship with the world that is enmity against God.  Our relationship takes priority over culture, tradition, philosophy, self-perception, world-view, theology or attitude.  He is a jealous God Who will have no other Gods before Him, and I am glad that He is jealous over me, because it reinforces to me how important I am to Him.  I am the apple of His eye!

6. Today I will be able to be a better friend to someone because I am a friend to God.  For the same reason, I will even be a better friend to myself because, as God is revealed, I have self-revelation of who I am in Him.

7. Today I will rejoice that nothing—death, life, angels, principalities, powers, present things, future things or any other creature—can separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus.  Because I have undisturbed peace with God, I will be at peace with myself and with the world around me today.  My friendship with the Originator of all things will produce a tangible confidence in my life today, and today I will live in the now!
 
Father, show me how to be a good friend to You today.  In Jesus’ name, amen.


A YEAR IN THE NOW available at amazon.com and at www.jimswilleybooks.com

1 comment:

  1. A few summers ago (we were still in the big building), I sat in an area that I rarely sit in and heard a voice that said to me...
    I am anointing you to show others how to live free from the world system.

    At that time, I was anything but free from the world system, of so many systems of thought, formed by my own limited perception...
    I was not raised or trained by "religion" and did not even know what the word "anointing" meant until I came to CITN (ironically on July 4th many years ago) but I felt the power of that thought I received that day...

    As I meditated on it, I realized that for me to walk in that which I "heard", I first had to be freed from the "world system"...

    Today - I stand here on this Independence Day 2013 - on this day that celebrates Freedom and declare and decree that I AM FREE of the world system and I AM READY to show others how to do the same...
    I will not do it through words or action as my words and action ultimately do not teach others, but through my life experience being on display and lit up as bright as the sun as this is ultimately the most valuable "teacher" there is...
    You may not know who I AM by name, but you will know who I AM by my spirit as you watch, observe, learn and see the value of being ALL you can be...as Mark Chironna said many years ago at the CITN gathering he attended - no limits, no boundaries, I see increase all around me...I embrace outrageous abundance in all areas of my life...

    I will live my life limit-free as I move forward from this day on!

    Spreading Love and Gratitude unconditionally...

    ReplyDelete